What do you need to do before my arrival?
I am often asked what needs to be done before my arrival to help insure a great job is done. I have made a short list.
- Please make sure the area is dry.
- If faucets drip just a little then I can place a rubber glove over the faucet. However, If it is a steady leak that will need fixed before refinishing or a way to turn the water off.
- If possible clean the area with comet to remove as much residue as possible. It's okay if it scratches, when I etch the surface it will put tiny scratches in it anyway.
- Please remove any shampoo bottles, soap, shaving or Bathing Items from the tub area.
What can I clean a refinished surface with?
- Any Non Abrasive cleaner is great for the coatings I use. Just stay away from Comet and S.O.S. Pads.
- Make sure you NEVER use a bath mat on the tub floor with any refinishing. In fact it's good to Not Use the mats on any tub because they trap residue from shampoo, soaps, hair products and most of these contain chemicals and acids that will discolor and pit not just refinished surfaces but even factory porcelain. If you must use a bath mat use one without suction cups and remove it after showering and hang it over the side to allow the tub floor to dry.